Rosslyn Academy Promotional Video
Thank you for your interest in Rosslyn Academy. This information listed below will give you a comprehensive look at what is required for submitting an application for admission.
In recent years, demand for spaces at Rosslyn Academy has exceeded space available. We do, therefore, strongly suggest that all families interested in applying to Rosslyn get their applications completed and turned in at the earliest possible date.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email or call. You are also welcome to make an appointment with the Admissions Office to discuss any questions you may have or take a tour of the school.
We’d be delighted to speak with you further and help you with your application process.
Admission Dates and Information for 2019-20
* Applications for enrollment beginning August 2019 for the 2019-2020 school year will be accepted beginning October 1, 2018.
Early Admission Deadline- March 8th, 2019 (notification by March 15th)
Regular Admission Deadline- May 17th, 2019 (notification by May 24th)
In the event that any spaces remain unfilled after the Regular Admission Cycle, those spaces will be filled by qualified candidates on an ongoing basis throughout June and July until all remaining spaces are filled.
An application will be considered complete only when all necessary documents, including any required testing records, are in the school's possession. In addition, for most MS and HS applicants, interviews must have been conducted prior to an application being considered "complete".
Admissions Office Schedule
Please note that all school offices (including the Admissions Office) will be closed between June 15 and July 7, 2019. Admissions queries that come in during that time will be answered as soon as possible after the office re-opens on July 8, 2019.
- Create an InfoSnap account and complete the online Application Forms
- Submit a non-refundable Registration Fee (U.S. $100) to the business office
- Student Entrance Testing
- Student and/or Parent Interview (if requested)
- Admission Committee decision
- Payment of the $1000 deposit per child to secure your space. This payment will be applied to the first semester’s tuition costs.
Grade Level Entry Age
- Preschool: The child must be four years of age by August 1st.
- Kindergarten: The child must be five years of age by August 1st.
- Grade 1: The child must be six years of age by August 1st.
- Normally, students entering grade 2 are 7 years, grade 3 are 8 years, grade 4 are 9 years and grade 5 are 10 years old.
- Middle school includes grades 6, 7, and 8. Students are usually at least 11, 12, and 13 years old when school begins.
- High school includes grades 9, 10, 11, and 12. Students are usually at least 14 for 9th grade. A student must graduate before their 20th birthday.