Rosslyn Academy seeks to educate students wholly. As a Christian school, this of course means that we want to teach the spiritual lessons as well as the academic, physical, and social.
Classes begin each day with morning devotions and prayer. Each grade’s curriculum includes a Bible class built around Bible knowledge and is developmentally fitting to that age’s understanding.
Each week there is a 30-minute chapel period composed of singing, skits, and a speaker. Each year there is a Spiritual Emphasis Week when we set aside time to particularly focus on knowing God better and learning more about Him and what He wants for and from us.
As a school, we have identified the following ‘spiritual objectives’:
- To teach Biblical principles which nurture a Christian understanding and promote a personal philosophy of life based on Christian beliefs and values.
- To stimulate and reinforce spiritual development by giving opportunities for student interaction with parents and other spiritual leaders.
- To help students establish ethical and moral values in relation to learning, thus integrating faith with academic knowledge.
- To employ a teaching staff whose Christian faith and commitment exhibit God’s love and provide an example of Christ-like behavior in daily tasks.
- To present Christ in an invitational way this is not purposefully offensive.