Become Part of our Learning Community
Here at Rosslyn Academy we believe that all children are individually created in the image of God. We strive to help each child realize and develop their own God-given gifts. Our preschool is a place where children are challenged to grow across all areas of the curriculum. We want our students to develop socially, emotionally, spiritually and academically.
Throughout the year, we cover English language arts, mathematics, Bible, science and social studies. Everything we do is done in a hands-on, play-based approach, where the children learn to think and explore. Rosslyn seeks to extend each student's learning, and work with the students individually according to their current academic standing. Rosslyn wants all children to enter kindergarten with confidence.
The preschool program is a half-day program with a morning or afternoon option. The maximum class size for each section is 12 students. There is a lead teacher, who teaches these classes, along with a teacher's assistant. In order to enroll in the preschool program students must turn four by August 1st.
We believe all children are:
- Capable of learning
- Problem solvers
- Communicators (in different ways)
We want our students to:
- Be able to effectively develop their social and problem-solving abilities
- Learn and grow in God’s love
- Develop early literacy and numeracy skills
- Explore science and nature concepts
- Enjoy music and physical experiences
- Care for others
- Have fun in an interactive learning environment
- Develop their creativity and curiosity
- Prepare well for Kindergarten
We love watching children:
- Make friends
- Demonstrate love