Rosslyn Academy Promotional Video
Vacancies for the 2019-2020 School Year
If you have any questions related to our application process, please contact us at: email@example.com
- Early November– We post positions for the following year and begin accepting applications and supporting documentation.
- Early December – End of February – Even as we continue to accept new applications, we set up and conduct interviews by Skype with all short-listed candidates during this time.
- January-March – In most cases we begin offering positions in March, although depending on the year and circumstances, job offers can begin as early as the end of January and last until a position is filled (typically by mid to late March).
- July 1st – Is when the Rosslyn contract begins. However, most new staff begin to arrive in early to mid July in preparation for ‘New Staff Orientation’ that begins in late July. Full Staff Orientation follows in the first week of August as we prepare for the start of the new school year, which begins in the second week of August.
- Second Week of August – the start of the new school year.
The Type of Applicant Rosslyn is Seeking
Rosslyn Academy is a Christian international day-school serving approximately 650 students from Pre-K through Grade 12. The school is fully accredited with both the Middle States Association (MSA) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). We have an international staff, though most are recruited from the United States and Canada since Rosslyn uses North American curriculum and standards. Rosslyn Academy is a joint effort of the Eastern Mennonite, Southern Baptist, and Assemblies of God missions in Eastern Africa, though the school is non-denominational in faith, practice, and hiring.
Rosslyn Academy seeks professionals who:
- Are committed to the Lordship of Christ in their life;
- Believe that they are called to serve the body of Christ as a teacher;
- Are active participants in their Christian evangelical church;
- Hold at minimum a Bachelor’s degree and a valid North American teaching certificate;
- Have at least two years experience working within US or Canadian educational systems;
- Shows enthusiasm for involvement leading extra curricular activities;
- Possess the interpersonal skills and dispositions to work cooperatively and collaboratively with colleagues as team players;
- Are committed to lifelong learning;
- Speak and write English fluently and communicate clearly;
- Have content knowledge that includes a strong sense of the concepts, purposes and intellectual process associated with the discipline they teach;
- Provide a nurturing and caring environment for all students;
- Possess the skills and dispositions necessary to establish a classroom environment that stimulates critical thinking and inquiry;
- Model respect for individual differences and appreciation of the basic worth of each individual and culture.
Statement of Faith
Core Christian Beliefs: Because of the broad variety of cultures and Christian traditions represented among staff and in our community, it is important to set forth and adhere to core Christian beliefs as an institution. Rosslyn Academy seeks to attract staff who agree with these core Christian beliefs and who are excited about integrating this core theology into their work and personal lives. Together, we believe:
- in The One Living God who is the Creator of the heavens and the earth and is at work in the world today;
- in the Bible as the Spirit-breathed Word of God, sacred and authoritative, divinely revealed through select servants of God’s work, fully reliable and trustworthy;
- that out of love, God gave His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, to be born of a virgin and to live on this earth as a human being and to be subjected to the same pressures and temptations that we face today;
- that though Jesus Christ lived a perfect life, God allowed for Him to be crucified to fulfill the scriptures and offer atonement for our sins;
- that Christ rose from the dead after three days, and revealed Himself to many people who bore witness to this fact;
- in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as the everlasting Trinity of God;
- that the only way to salvation and to fellowship with God is through His Son, Jesus Christ; and
- that salvation is a free gift through a clear understanding of the gospel, a belief in its authenticity, and an acceptance of Christ as personal Savior and Lord, resulting in a transformed, Christ-like lifestyle.
In Jesus Christ, the message of redemption and reconciliation is expressed in both word and deed. We rejoice in the movement of the Holy Spirit, who renews our spiritual lives and leads us into concerns for evangelism, peace, and justice in the world. Education in this context prepares students to develop these concerns as well as the skills and tools necessary to contribute responsibly as ambassadors of Christ in a changing world. We testify to a bond of love that transcends denominational, ethnic and cultural distinctions.
What do you love about Rosslyn?
I love working in a setting that focuses on individual students instead of test scores!Jessie Gac, Director of Teaching & Learning
Rosslyn’s diversity was my favorite aspect. The flags in front of the admin office were truly a representation of where students came from.Alisha Rahemtulla, Class of 2004
There’s something unique about the Rosslyn experience – a small community, with graduates who take different paths but who still understand that they shared something rare at Rosslyn.Hiyabel Tewoldemedhin, Class of 2007
I love that excellence and grace are both so prevalent in the lives of both staff and students.Audrey Statler, HS Music Teacher