Vacancies for the 2022-2023 School Year
Rosslyn Academy, a fully accredited K – 12 distinctively North American Christian day school, is seeking to fill the below vacant positions for the academic year 2022 – 2023. To begin the application process click on the Employment Application button on the side menu to begin the application process. If you have any questions related to our application process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learning Support Teacher
- Elementary Art Teacher
- Elementary Core Classroom Teacher
- Elementary Teaching Assistant
- Secondary Math Teacher (Part-Time)
- Mental Health Counselor (Temporary)
- Mid-October– We post positions for the following year and begin accepting applications and supporting documentation.
- Early December – End of February – Even as we continue to accept new applications, we set up and conduct virtual interviews during this time.
- December-March – In some years we can begin offering positions as early as mid December, although depending on the year and circumstances, job offers can also begin as late as February-March.
- July 1st – Contract start date. However, most new staff begin to arrive in early to mid July in preparation for ‘New Staff Orientation’ that begins in late July. Full Staff Orientation follows in the first week of August as we prepare for the start of the new school year, which begins in the second week of August.
- Second Week of August – the start of the new school year.
Rosslyn Academy seeks professionals who:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Hold a valid teaching certificate (North American certification is recommended)
- Have a minimum of 2 years teaching experience (North American or International Curriculum school experience is recommended)
- Are fully aligned with the school's Christian educational mission, beliefs, and values
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm for providing a challenging, but nurturing educational environment
Statement of Faith
Because of the broad variety of cultures and Christian traditions represented among staff and in our community, it is important to set forth and adhere to core Christian beliefs as an institution. Rosslyn Academy seeks to attract staff who agree with these core Christian beliefs and who are excited about integrating this core theology into their work and personal lives. Together, we believe:
- in The One Living God who is the Creator of the heavens and the earth and is at work in the world today;
- in the Bible as the Spirit-breathed Word of God, sacred and authoritative, divinely revealed through select servants of God’s work, fully reliable and trustworthy;
- that out of love, God gave His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, to be born of a virgin and to live on this earth as a human being and to be subjected to the same pressures and temptations that we face today;
- that though Jesus Christ lived a perfect life, God allowed for Him to be crucified to fulfill the scriptures and offer atonement for our sins;
- that Christ rose from the dead after three days, and revealed Himself to many people who bore witness to this fact;
- in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as the everlasting Trinity of God;
- that the only way to salvation and to fellowship with God is through His Son, Jesus Christ;
- and that salvation is a free gift through a clear understanding of the gospel, a belief in its authenticity, and an acceptance of Christ as personal Savior and Lord, resulting in a transformed, Christ-like lifestyle.
In Jesus Christ, the message of redemption and reconciliation is expressed in both word and deed. We rejoice in the movement of the Holy Spirit, who renews our spiritual lives and leads us into concerns for evangelism, peace, and justice in the world. Education in this context prepares students to develop these concerns as well as the skills and tools necessary to contribute responsibly as ambassadors of Christ in a changing world. We testify to a bond of love that transcends denominational, ethnic and cultural distinctions.