Vacancies for the 2021-2022 School Year
If you are interested in applying for one of the positions listed below please visit our Employment Application page to begin the application process.
- Middle School Spanish Teacher(Part Time)
- Elementary Technology Teacher (Part Time)
- High School Biology
- High School Physics
- Elementary Core Teacher
- Elementary Science teacher
- Elementary Music Teacher
- High School Chemistry
- High School Language Arts
- High School Mathematics
- High School Social Studies
- High School Industrial Arts(Part Time)
- Athletics Director
- Director of Teaching and Learning
Rosslyn is a wonderful place to teach! Our teachers are deeply committed to each other and to their calling to influence the next generation of global leaders for Christ. To begin the application process click on the Employment Application button on the side menu. If you have any questions related to our application process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mid-October– We post positions for the following year and begin accepting applications and supporting documentation.
- Early December – End of February – Even as we continue to accept new applications, we set up and conduct interviews by Skype during this time.
- December-March – In some years we can begin offering positions as early as mid December, although depending on the year and circumstances, job offers can also begin as late as February-March.
- July 1st – Is when the Rosslyn contract begins. However, most new staff begin to arrive in early to mid July in preparation for ‘New Staff Orientation’ that begins in late July. Full Staff Orientation follows in the first week of August as we prepare for the start of the new school year, which begins in the second week of August.
- Second Week of August – the start of the new school year.
Rosslyn Academy seeks professionals who:
- Are committed to the Lordship of Christ in their life;
- Believe that they are called to serve the body of Christ as a teacher;
- Are active participants in their Christian evangelical church;
- Hold at minimum a Bachelor’s degree and a valid North American teaching certificate;
- Have at least two years experience working within US or Canadian educational systems;
- Show enthusiasm for involvement leading extra curricular activities;
- Possess the interpersonal skills and dispositions to work cooperatively and collaboratively with colleagues as team players;
- Are committed to lifelong learning;
- Speak and write English fluently and communicate clearly;
- Have content knowledge that includes a strong sense of the concepts, purposes and intellectual process associated with the discipline they teach;
- Provide a nurturing and caring environment for all students;
- Possess the skills and dispositions necessary to establish a classroom environment that stimulates critical thinking and inquiry;
- Model respect for individual differences and appreciation of the basic worth of each individual and culture.
Statement of Faith
Because of the broad variety of cultures and Christian traditions represented among staff and in our community, it is important to set forth and adhere to core Christian beliefs as an institution. Rosslyn Academy seeks to attract staff who agree with these core Christian beliefs and who are excited about integrating this core theology into their work and personal lives. Together, we believe:
- in The One Living God who is the Creator of the heavens and the earth and is at work in the world today;
- in the Bible as the Spirit-breathed Word of God, sacred and authoritative, divinely revealed through select servants of God’s work, fully reliable and trustworthy;
- that out of love, God gave His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, to be born of a virgin and to live on this earth as a human being and to be subjected to the same pressures and temptations that we face today;
- that though Jesus Christ lived a perfect life, God allowed for Him to be crucified to fulfill the scriptures and offer atonement for our sins;
- that Christ rose from the dead after three days, and revealed Himself to many people who bore witness to this fact;
- in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as the everlasting Trinity of God;
- that the only way to salvation and to fellowship with God is through His Son, Jesus Christ;
- and that salvation is a free gift through a clear understanding of the gospel, a belief in its authenticity, and an acceptance of Christ as personal Savior and Lord, resulting in a transformed, Christ-like lifestyle.
In Jesus Christ, the message of redemption and reconciliation is expressed in both word and deed. We rejoice in the movement of the Holy Spirit, who renews our spiritual lives and leads us into concerns for evangelism, peace, and justice in the world. Education in this context prepares students to develop these concerns as well as the skills and tools necessary to contribute responsibly as ambassadors of Christ in a changing world. We testify to a bond of love that transcends denominational, ethnic and cultural distinctions.