We believe every child is created in the image of God, and that our purpose, through nurturing, hands-on, and play-based learning, is to help each child realize and develop their unique God-given gifts.
School is a place where loving relationships matter. Our small class size allows us to know each child well. We believe this nurturing and relationship-based approach to learning is key to the social, emotional, spiritual and academic growth that allows every Rosslyn preschooler to enter kindergarten with confidence.
My child enjoys Preschool.
93% “Strongly Agree”
7% “Agree”Rosslyn Preschool Parent Survey, 2019
The preschool program is:
- Experience-based: With a focus on creating experiences for children to learn through doing something active, rather than through listening and watching.
- Play-based: Where the educational environment is staged to ensure children are exposed to a multitude of learning opportunities as they choose their own play activities.
- Child-led: Where the child has input in deciding what to learn about, when to learn about it, and for how long they will focus on it.
We believe all children are:
- Capable of learning
- Problem solvers
- Communicators (in different ways)
We want our students to:
- Be able to effectively develop their social and problem-solving abilities
- Learn and grow in God’s love
- Develop early literacy and numeracy skills
- Explore science and nature concepts
- Enjoy music and physical experiences
- Care for others
- Have fun in an interactive learning environment
- Develop their creativity and curiosity
- Prepare well for Kindergarten
Join us at Rosslyn
Interested in joining our Preschool?